Friday, April 9, 2010

Goofing off!

Lance and Wade have had some hilarious times playing around on Lance's computer doing photo shop. Here they switched hair. Lance also managed to lose an ear. Amazing how different people look with different hair. Wade doesn't care for this picture but I wish you could have seen them on the floor sitting together laughing so hard!Things continue to go well here. Wade has really enjoyed so many new things. He has taken to our western food quite well. The other day he poured himself a huge glass of milk for breakfast. When he first got home, he didn't like it. Now it is no problem to have him drink milk. He also enjoyed two bowls of cereal with strawberries the other morning. He loves ice cream and has had it almost everyday. I am not too impressed with his favorite flavor which is green tea ice cream. He is lamenting the fact that we are now out of this flavor. We still do have chocolate which is a close second. Tonight he asked me what we were having for dinner and I told him Taco Soup and showed him a picture. He got excited and said that he liked that. How would he have ever had Taco Soup before? I guess he just liked the look of the picture. He did chow down on the soup at dinner too. Lance and Elise were off of school for the past two days because of conferences so Wade had some playmates. He has not started school yet and I am hoping for next week. We are waiting to be contacted by the principal for a final confirmation on his acceptance. He is really excited to start school yet a bit anxious about all of the English. We think he will do well once he gets going. He absolutely loves anything that has to do with the computer and lets us know how to navigate if he is watching over our shoulder. He is currently doing typing games with English words on the computer next to me.
We are again so pleased with how things have gone in the adjustment for all of us. This is what we asked people to pray for. God is good. Wade fits in well here. He is happy and comfortable. He is laughing and making me laugh. He willingly does chores that I ask him to do. We are in training mode but he doesn't mind being corrected. He wants to please. One of his biggest objections has been the dentist. We have made two trips so far with a third scheduled for Sunday for fillings. I don't blame him, who likes the dentist? He got a cleaning with a fluoride treatment and some sealant done on four of his molars the other day. It was all he could take. I saw tears for the first time. We stopped for the day and said we would do the other molars another time. He will start orthodontics in May. Oh my, he hasn't seen anything yet....

I think I am falling in love....I can't wait for everyone to meet him!

1 comment:

VJVNMA ZINS said...

Hi Sue! I agree that you are falling in love just by the tone of your posts...so happy for Wade and your family. You are such a blessing to eachother. Which school will Wade attend...Concordia? We look forward to meeting this wonderful young man someday soon.

Jacqueline Z