Saturday, June 19, 2010

Revved Up


A great outing today for Dad, Lucas and Lance. Our church sponsors outings for the men almost every week in summer, to keep the men connected and out of trouble. Too many wives and kids disappear to their home countries and leave the men here working. So, this morning, they had an outing at the Shanghai F1 track on high speed go-karts. Fortunately for me, my family is still here and we could get out as a threesome together, with about 18 other men.



What a blast! The cars are much quicker than you would think by looking at them, with average lap speeds over 50kph (35mph), even including all the tight corners and hairpin turns. In case you wonder if the boys can drive -- they were great, both faster than me I believe. In fact, Lucas put in the two fastest runs of the day, leaving 18 men to boast about who got second place. :)




With such an amazing group of friends, and such incredible kids, I would say that I am clearly the winner.
R








No comments: